CORSTORPHINE LADIES CURLING CLUB
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
When you register as a member of CLCC or renew your membership we will ask you for contact details: name, address, email address and phone number.
WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - CONTRACTUAL PURPOSES
We need to collect our members' personal information a) so that we can communicate easily with you, b) to enable us to remain affiliated to Scottish Curling, c) to enable our members to curl at Murrayfield Curling Rink, and d) to comply with licensing laws. We may use your personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, eg by sending you membership communications by post or email including, but not limited to, CLCC syllabus and membership lists, CLCC social events, AGM or other meeting notices, membership renewals, information on membership and ice fees;
• organise club activities;
• register your membership with Scottish Curling, Edinburgh Curling Club, Murrayfield Curling Ltd and Edinburgh/Murrayfield Centre of Ladies Curling Clubs. Without this information we will have limited ability to organise club curling on behalf of CLCC members.
If you do not provide us with the personal information that we request, it may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - LEGITIMATE PURPOSES
We will process our members' personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• provide you with news and updates about the activities of CLCC, opportunities to get involved in CLCC general meetings and other events;
• raise awareness of CLCC activities by using photos of CLCC events either in emails, hard copy or on our website;
• respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, concerns or allegations;
• promote and encourage future participation in the sport of curling by providing information about events.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
- Edinburgh/Murrayfield Centre of Ladies Curling Clubs: EMCLCC requires your data in order to promote ladies' curling at Murrayfield and communicate with you about competitions you may be eligible to enter.
- A firm of printers for the sole purpose of printing our yearly paper syllabus.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will share only such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall process the disclosed personal information only in accordance with those purposes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored electronically and on hard copy in a secure manner by our Secretary and Treasurer and is accessed only for the purposes set out above.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• to request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to change your communication preferences and to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes;
• to request that we delete your personal information;
• to request access to the personal data that we hold about you through a "subject access request".
If you have any concern about CLCC using your personal information for the above purposes please contact the current CLCC Secretary.
If you are dissatisfied with any response
to your concerns, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information
Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk.